How to Buy Crypto is a guide setup to provide info for people new to cryptocurrency. The Financial Conduct Authority in the UK conducted a survey of the British public’s attitudes to buying crypto in 2019 and had the following results:
• Over 70% of those surveyed hadn’t heard of cryptocurrencies or didn’t know what one was!
• Most people hadn’t bought crypto yet – it was estimated that only 3% of people had done so. This shows the amazing upside in price potential once the British public begin to become aware of crypto and start buying it en masse.
• Only 7% of those who haven’t bought any cryptocurrencies so far would consider it in the future.
• Owners of cryptocurrency tend to use their own money to buy it. None of the respondents reported borrowing money from financial firms or friends/family.
• Only 8% of all cryptocurrency owners completed ‘deep research’ before purchasing, with 16% doing no prior research.
• Over 1 in 3 have never checked the value of their cryptocurrency since purchasing.
• Around 40% of cryptocurrency owners expect to hold it for 3 or more years, while half of them report selling some or all of it already.
The findings of this report are why we set this site up. We aim to tell you the fastest, cheapest, and safest way to buy crypto in the UK. There are lots of guides that cater for other countries especially the United States. But we wanted to focus on the United Kingdom, and provide guides that show people the best way to convert British pounds into cryptocurrency like Bitcoin.
An example of this is Binance Jersey which operates in British Pounds sterling. Most guides in America won’t show you this option, but it is in fact the cheapeast and safest way for British people to buy crypto. We want to show you the best options because we’re passionate about cryptocurrency and believe it’s the future. We hold crypto ourselves and have a vested interest in the value of it rising.